Dr. Nelson Pan, DDS
Dentist Melrose, MA
Thank You for Voting Us #1 Dentists in Melrose & the Surrounding Communities - Regional Gold Award by the Readers Choice Awards since 2001!
Dr. Nelson Pan attended Boston College earning a Bachelor of Arts in Math and Biology, and four years later, he graduated in the Top 10% with Honors from the Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) program at Emory University School of Dentistry in Atlanta, Georgia. Dr. Pan was the award recipient and named as a Trebor Foundation Scholar - Prestigious Academic Merit Award for Sophomore, Junior and Senior Years of Dental School. He also received the Operative Dentistry - Award of Excellence as well as the Restorative Dentistry - Outstanding Clinician Award
Immediately following graduation while in private practice, Dr. Pan enrolled and completed a series of continuing education courses at Boston University School of Dental Medicine in root canal therapy entitled, "Endodontics for General Dentists" and received hands-on training with the internationally well-known Dr. Herbert Shilder, Chairman of Post-Doctoral Endodontics. Since completing his dental education, Dr. Pan enjoys practicing a full scope of general, cosmetic, and adult care as well as pediatric dentistry for children. He has been in his current location for over 20 years. Dr. Pan has kept up to date on numerous continuing educational classes and ensuring that his patients receive the most comprehensive, innovative and advanced dental care.
In addition to private dental practice, Dr. Nelson Pan is a former Clinical Assistant Professor at Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine. During the past several years, he has lectured in the Doctor of Dental Medicine Program in Fixed Prosthodontics and at Boston's Yankee Dental Congress. Dr. Pan's lecture topic is entitled, "Cerec 3D: Computerized Assisted Design and Computerized Aided Machinery in the Fabrication of Single-Visit Porcelain Crowns, Veneers and Onlays."
Pan Dental Care is the 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 recipient of the admired Boston Magazine's Best of Boston -Top Dentist Award!
Award-winning Best in Melrose in Dentistry since 2014 through 2022.
Inducted to the Melrose Hall of Fame Award in 2017 and 2018 for winning three or more consecutive years of Best in Melrose Awards!!
New Patients are always welcome!
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, Honor Graduate, Rank: Top 10%
- Trebor Foundation Scholar - Prestigious Academic Merit Award Scholarship - Sophomore, Junior & Senior Years of Dental School
- Operative Dentistry - Award of Excellence
- Restorative Dentistry - Outstanding Clinician Award
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Math and Biology
- Swampscott, Massachusetts
Academic and Professional Appointments
- Former Clinical Assistant Professor, Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine
- Yankee Dental Congress - Massachusetts Dental Society
- Lecturer, "Cerec 3D: Computerized Assisted Design and Computerized Aided Machinery in the Fabrication of Single-Visit Porcelain Crowns, Veneers and Onlays."
- American Dental Association
- American Dental Education Association
- Massachusetts Dental Society
- East Middlesex Dental Society
Voted Top Dentist in Boston Magazine Since 2018