Dr. Debra Hong Pan, DMD, MS, LLC
Dentist Melrose, MA
Thank You for Voting Us #1 Dentists in Melrose & the Surrounding Communities - Regional Gold Award by the Readers Choice Awards since 2001!
Dr. Debra Pan is 2001 Honor Graduate, Class Rank 5th, in the Doctor of Dental Medicine D.M.D. Program at Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine. She was a national recipient of the American Student Dental Association Award of Excellence (A.S.D.A.), Pediatric Dentistry Outstanding Clinician Award, and President of the American Dental Education Association (A.D.E.A.) Boston University Chapter and National Council of Students. As Founder/Owner of Pan Dental Care, we are thrilled that her three grown children are all dentists and will continue their family tradition of delivering outstanding dental care for children and adults! Dr. Debra Pan is also a Clinical Professor in the Department of General Dentistry at Boston University, and recipient of the highest teaching award at the Goldman School of Dental Medicine: The Dean Spencer N. Frankl Award for Excellence in Teaching. Dr. Pan is also an Examiner with the Commission on Dental Competency Assessments (formerly N.E.R.B.) C.D.C.A. - W.R.E.B. - C.I.T.A. as well as a Site Visitor in Pre-Doctoral Clinical Sciences with The Commission on Dental Accreditation (C.O.D.A.). She is also an Ambassador and Board Member of The American College of Dentists (A.C.D.) - New England Section.
Prior to being a dentist, Dr. Pan graduated Salutatorian with Highest Honors from Forsyth School for Dental Hygienists in Boston, and also, she received a Master of Science in Dental Public Health and Health Care Management degree with Honors from Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine.
A lifelong resident of Melrose and a graduate of Melrose High School, Dr. Debra Pan has been practicing family dentistry for adults and children with her husband, Dr. Nelson Pan, for over 22 years. They have been in their current Melrose location for over 20 years at Pan Dental Care.
Treating patients of all ages since 1988, Pan Dental Care of Melrose is a friendly, family owned state-of-the-art general and multi-specialty practice proudly earning their fifth consecutive Boston Magazine Top Dentist Award. This highly skilled team strives to provide the ultimate patient experience and is dedicated to personalized adult care, pediatric dentistry, orthodontics, Invisalign, cosmetic makeovers all under one roof. Husband and wife, Drs. Nelson and Debra Pan, offer gentle drill-less fillings, pain-free root canals and one-visit CEREC porcelain crowns. Their sons, Dr. Jeffrey and Dr. Jason Pan, also offer extractions, and implant placement. Pan Dental invites you to come experience a comfortable, friendly and gentle visit that exceeds the highest expectations.
Pan Dental Care is the 2018, 2019, 2020 , 2021, 2022 and 2023 recipient of the admired Boston Magazine's Best of Boston - Top Dentist Award!
Award-winning Best in Melrose in Dentistry since 2014 through 2022. Inducted to the Melrose Hall of Fame Award since 2017 and 2018 for winning three or more consecutive years of Best in Melrose Awards!
In addition to private family dental practice, Dr. Debra Pan was promoted in December 2018 to Clinical Professor at Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine in the Department of General Dentistry. During the 2008 Boston University School of Dental Medicine's Graduation Commencement Ceremony, Dr. Debra Pan received one of the highest awards bestowed upon a faculty member at the School of Dental Medicine: The Dean Spencer N. Frankl Award for Excellence in Teaching. In the Doctor of Dental Medicine Program, Dr. Pan is a General Supervising Faculty in the Department of General Dentistry's Pre-Doctoral Patient Treatment Center and teaches clinical CEREC 3-D digital dentistry in CAD/CAM computerized technology, operative dentistry, fixed and removable prosthodontics.
Dr. Debra Pan truly enjoys contributing her vast clinical knowledge and teaching expertise in national professional organizations. An active member of the American Dental Association (A.D.A), she was appointed in October 2016 to The Commission on Dental Accreditation (C.O.D.A.) as a Site Visitor in Pre-Doctoral Clinical Sciences. In June 2016, Dr. Pan was appointed as an Examiner for Dentists Licensure to The Commission on Dental Competency Assessments (C.D.C.A) - Formerly the Northeast Regional Board of Dental Examiners (N.E.R.B), and 2022 to the Western Regional Board (W.R.E.B.). She is a selected 2009 graduate of the Leadership Institute of the Massachusetts Dental Society where she has served as a Delegate representing East Middlesex in the House of Delegates, Council on Dental Education, and Speaker at the Yankee Dental Congress and Massachusetts Dental Society. In March 2016, Dr. Pan was a Research Presenter at the American Dental Education Association (A.D.E.A.) TechExpo Annual Conference in Denver, Colorado.
Boston University School of Dental Medicine
- Doctor of Dental Medicine, Honor Graduate, Class Rank: 5/88
- American Student Dental Association - Award of Excellence
- Pediatric Dentistry - Outstanding Clinician Award
- President of the American Dental Education Association, Boston University Chapter, National Council of Students
- DMD Yearbook Editor
Boston University School of Dental Medicine
- Master of Science in Dental Public Health and Health Care Management
- Honor Graduate
Forsyth School For Dental Hygienists, Boston
- Certificate in Dental Hygiene, Class Rank: 2/96
- Salutatorian, Highest Honors, magna cum laude
- Sigma Phi Alpha Award - National Dental Hygiene Honor Society
- Dental Hygiene Associate Degree in Health Sciences
- magna cum laude
Melrose High School
- Melrose, Massachusetts
Academic and Professional Appointments
- Clinical Professor, Boston University School of Dental Medicine
- The Dean Spencer N. Frankl Award for Excellence in Teaching - Boston University Commencement Speaker 2008
- Commission on Dental Accreditation (C.O.D.A.) - Site Visitor in Pre-Doctoral Clinical Sciences
- Examiner, Commission on Dental Competency Assessments (C.D.C.A.) - Formerly the Northeast Regional Board
- Examiner, Western Regional Board of Dental Examiners (W.R.E.B.)
- Examiner, Council of Interstate Testing Agencies (C.I.T.A.)
- Fellow of the American College of Dentists, Honorary Society
- Fellow of the International College of Dentists, Honorary Society
- American Dental Education Association - Research Presenter at TechExpo 2016
- Massachusetts Dental Society - House of Delegates
- Massachusetts Dental Society - Leadership Institute Graduate 2009
- American Dental Association
- American College of Dentists, Member Board-At-Large New England Section
- International College of Dentists
- American Dental Education Association
- American Association of Dental Boards
- Massachusetts Dental Society
- East Middlesex Dental Society
Dr. Debra Hong Pan Inducted in the American College of Dentists
Dr. Debra Hong Pan, a Family Dentist for Adults & Children at Pan Dental Care in Melrose www.PanDentalcare.com and Clinical Professor at Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine, was named a Fellow in the American College of Dentists (ACD), the oldest major honorary organization for dentists. Its members have exemplified excellence through outstanding leadership and exceptional contributions to dentistry and society. The induction ceremony was held on October 18, 2018, at the American Dental Association Annual Conference in Honolulu, Hawaii.